 Organizations / Canada / ParLUGment / 25
Re: ParLUGment 2nd Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 02:16:07 GMT

First of all, I would like to thank Tim for showing off all his loot.  All I
could do was smile at all the sets and MOCs.

I think young Joshua is more than ready to start playing with Tim's toys.  From
what I saw Tim is not quite ready to share his toys with Joshua.  :)  I can
appreciate that.

Seeing all the sets on display was wonderful and I can not wait until I have a
dedicated (or even semi dedicated) room for display and assembly.

You just need more shelves for your sets Tim.  I was thinking it would be great
if there was a way to build a winding road from shelf to shelf out of Lego.
Something like a multilevel garage.  Then all the town folks could really get
around.

Tim's trains are cool. I have never seen a lot of those sets close up.  I
realized that many of these models are much better looking than the boxes
portray them. It seems pretty expensive to get into though (I could be
wrong)...and I would really want the space to leave everything set up for
display.

Yes Tim, I would really like those diver set's you have.  I will have to keep
my eyes open for them online and in the stores or stumble across something you
really really want maybe.

I have gotten the purchasing bug lately and it has mostly been on-line.  You
see it all started off innocently enough.  I was working on MOC sub and
realized...I just do not have enough yellow plates and slants and propellers
and octagonals etc.  So as I found the stuff I want on the web, I would stumble
across other pieces for ..... future projects...ya ... thats it.  I think I
have taken care of a few of the shortcomings of my Rubbermaid containers now.
I can't wait to get them.

I discovered something interesting the other day while working on my submarine.
When building a model of your own, it is wise to stick a mini-fig inside the
model for scale purposes.  It was 2 in the morning when I realized the poor
folks were going to have to crawl around between decks.  So I got a chance to
make it bigger.  :)  I had a good giggle.

Well, I just thought I would stop by and say hi.  It has been very quite here
lately.  Are there still people stopping by or is every one out doing yard
work?  Has anyone scored any new sets lately?

Thanks again Tim for the meeting it was fun.  I am looking forward to the next
one.

Jeff

In lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, Tim Strutt writes:
Well, the 2nd meeting of ParLUGment went ahead without our fearless leader.
Attendees were Jeff Brundige and myself. Not a big turn-out, but it made it
easy to get to know each other.
The meeting lasted 2.5hrs, and we spent most of the time talking LEGO and
collecting. It sounds like Jeff has me beat in the quantity department, but
he says most of it is in storage right now. I wish I could do the Saturday
morning garage sale thing. Sounds like he's gotten quite the scores.
Well, we unpacked most of my assembled sets that were packed away, and
then I sadly packed most of them back up. Just not enough room. But I'm
sure most of you can sympathize with that.
Anyways, Jeff says he collects mostly Aquanauts, Space and Adventurers.
Also, he was telling me about his recent MindStorms dabbling and some of
his MOC's. Particularly a large yellow submarine that he is working on.
You'll have to bring pictures if you can't bring the sub next time Jeff!
I think he may have caught the Train bug too when he was looking at some
of my small collection. I wish I could have had a layout set up, but too
little time, and my 11 month-old son, Joshua, probably would have snuck
in and disassembled it ahead of time anyways. <grin>
Well, Jeff also seems interested in trading, so maybe next time we should
relay some 'wanted' lists before the meeting? What do you guys think? I
was telling Jeff I find it hard to give up some of my collection, but if
it means I finally get my hands on some more white, or even red, slanted
windows, then I'll do it!
Well, since I haven't mentioned what I collect yet, I better add a little
before closing. I am most addicted to Trains now, but also heavily into
the older Town stuff, especially buildings. I only have a few small MOC's
so far, but I would love to build up a LEGO town or city some day. I like
the Race and Flight sets also, and am slowly building up my air fleet. I
have most of the Star Wars sets also, although none of the $100+ ones yet.
I have almost all the Divers sets, which I think Jeff is now hooked on,
being a diver himself. Also several Pirate and Technic sets, and then a
few of the smaller Castle, Space, Adventurers, and other assorted themes.
I would love to get into the MindStorms, but haven't yet, due to the
seemingly ever-dwindling supply of funds. <frown>
Anyways, it was a good meeting and I'm looking forward to another one in
the near future.
TTYL. Play well.

Tim Strutt   8^)