 Organizations / Canada / ParLUGment / 105
104  |  106
Subject:
ParLUGment Meeting #4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 15:32:05 GMT

Well, another successful get-together.
We got together last night and had dinner, then went over to Jude's for
some gawking at his collection and finally show-and-tell.
Jeff missed dinner because of work - where are your priorities man? <grin>
Kay-On, Jude and myself were the other attendees.
Kay-On showed us his cool Mindstorms robot that he built for rtlToronto's
Robot8 competition. Very impressive. The demonstration went well also, but
we didn't test it's capacity, a limiting feature that apparently cost him
dearly in the competition, along with the problem of 'crossing the line'
while a block was blocking his light sensor. It was still enough to tempt
Jude and myself into making a Mindstorms our next big purchase.
Jeff showed his newest work-in-progress, an extravagant luxury home with
impressive roof structure. And then of course he had to show off some of
his latest garage sale finds - some near-mint town sets from the golden
ages with boxes & instructions, and an assortment of more recent sets.
And then he distributed some purchases he made on our behalf from the
St. Jacob's LEGO outlet store.
Jude had many works in progress to show, including several buildings and
space ships. He also had many completed MOC's that were equally impressive.
And then I brought some of my MOC's, an assortment of buildings and train
cars. I also brought some S@H parts packs & sets to lure the others into
buying some for themselves.
Jude also had a recent arrival of sets ordered from our friendly Croatian
supplier, Dejan. He tried to talk me into leaving a 6361 Mobile Crane with
him, but I managed to leave with it still in my possession. He is now Ice
Planet 2002 complete with the 6983 Ice Station Odyssey that he purchased,
along with many other golden age sets.
We got together and watched the rtlToronto Train1 video on Jude's TV using
his video cards TV-out connection.
We then noticed some new additions to the S@H bulk pages while perusing
for various part packs.
And we finally got booted out around 12:30 or shortly thereafter. Needless
to say, I'm still rather tired after getting to bed around 2am and having
to work at 7am. But I'd do it again in a flash.
Much fun was had by all I believe, and I think we might be doing a train
related model for our next meeting.
Hopefully Jude will have some pictures posted soon which he graciously and
patiently took for each of us.
I offered my home for our next meeting, and hope I can set up a decent track
layout if we decide to go ahead with the train MOC theme.
Well, that's enough for now I guess. Gotta get back to work.
Hope we can have some more attendees the next time.
Play well.

Tim Strutt   8^)