 Organizations / Canada / OBB / 83
Re: What kind of geek are you?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2007 01:02:45 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.obb, Scott Lyttle wrote:

I guess I went from Con Geek to LEGO Geek..  I think
the image of the Cosplay geek is spot on, though!!

Not always. For instance, I went to Celebration III for the chance to do a
head-to-head ISD speed-build team tournament (truly a LEGO-geek thing I
thought). It was also my first "exposure" to Star Wars geeks... which wasn't all
together a bad thing:

(Note the shirt the very happy young man is wearing). House Of Bricks was also a
wonderful "geek cross-over" such event.

PS- "Rock Geek" made me instantly think of working out to try for a 5.13
redpoint ascent, not something to do with music. I suspect that may make me a
"rock geek" just for not realizing there would be another reason for the term.

--
Brian Davis