 Organizations / Canada / OBB / 67
Re: 2007 Christmas Train Show wrap-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2007 17:30:32 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.obb, David Koudys wrote:
   Well that was fun!

The good--

Friends, LEGO, crowds...

Dave thank you so much for organising us once again into a kick butt display, the CS layout was a huge hit, as were the 2 kids tables. Always wonderful to see the core layout, and I was happy to display my micro, phase uno.

I had a great time, minus the plastic dust, who knew a one ounce micro cable car and subway could destroy that CCWt24 (Yes, thats the Classic Chris worm to 24 gear). Guess 2 gears can create a fair bit of friction.

I’m looking forward to the 2 spring shows in May and April.

The bad--

no stanctions...

I actually have been working on this one...

Spent a good time wandering around Home Deathspot with Chris. We were playing the numbers (cost) game, vrs the weight game (so tired of hauling heavy stuff), vrs the simplicity game. While we came up with a ton of heavy or complicated solutions, I have decided to go, easy, cheap and simple....

So for me, its going to be a simple solution of rope thru t-bar topped pvc pipe... zip tied at a right angle to the legs of my existing tables and velcro strips for the skirting.

   The Ugly--

“Hey you Parent!! Wanna take your completely tantrum-throwing brat out to the car for a time-out?”

Geesh!

Well, we could do the “ugly” and the “bad” with the “wading-pool-moat” and electric fence solution for the stanchions... but I digress.

I will upload my stuff once I return home next week.

Thanks,

Janey “Red Brick”