 Organizations / Canada / OBB / 61
60  |  62
Subject:
2007 Christmas Train Show wrap-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:16:46 GMT

Well that was fun!

The good--

Friends, LEGO, crowds...

The bad--

no stanctions...

The Ugly--

“Hey you Parent!! Wanna take your completely tantrum-throwing brat out to the car for a time-out?”

Geesh!

Anyway, I’ve uploaded some pics--

http://sandysparky.net/gallery/20071124_christmas_train_show

In which you’ll see the following--

Crowds

Train Layout

Micro-Town!

Kids playing with the Duplo train layout

And our first Classic Space Train layout

Thanks to Mike Shiels for supplying the banners! Those gave our area some “Wow!”ness

Thanks to Jeff vW for making a ‘space train’ in a classic space style for the space layout--many comments on that one (I especially liked to hear ‘some guy’ say, “Hey! I had that lLEGO space train when I was a kid!!”... ummm... no you didn’t...)

Thanks to Janey--she brought in a wonderful Micro-MOC town. That was a big hit, though keeping childish paws off the display was a continuting theme...

Thanks to Chris for the IR train display. But really for the support he gave to everyone at the show. It’s not the same without you around.

Thanks to Jeff vW (again), Derek, Jeremy and Calum for bringing the train layout--every time I see it, it’s more inspiring. The many levels of detail in the layout are beyond expectation! Many people just stood and gawked!

So the show was, at least to me, a fantastic hit!

Since we are, indeed, in a ‘ramping up’ phase, we’re workign out the kinks. First priority is to keep people (by this I mean touchy-feely brats) away from the displays. So stanctions or some other barrier has to be agreed on andand worked out before the next show.

As well, most of us liked the Duplo area for the kids, so I’ll try and get some sort of play area that has better accessibility for the wee ones. This can be discussed elsewhere.

Again, thanks to one and all for the efforts! I’m told by the organizers that our area was a huge hit!

Dave K