 Organizations / Canada / OBB / 170
Big Blue : The Return...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 00:29:36 GMT

So I was just cleaning up and sorting my collection (in whatever spare time I can find, between the renos and getting the abode ready for our upcoming baby)...

When I happened across this guy--

Thinking that it’s been a long time since I’ve actually done something with it (and having new PF motors to boot...) I rebuilt the thing--

click on pic above or link here to get more pics--http://sandysparky.net/gallery/lego_big_blue_2

The new PF motors work wonders for pneumatic air compressors. Took the large pumps, removed the springs, added some cams and such, and et voila! Strong and reasonably quick.

So YouTubed it--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5ay92C4O_0
Engine set up statically

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkKX09hvxjQ
Train moving down the track(ish--still not perfect)

So there you are. I’m going to work on it more to see what kind of mods will make it better...

Dave K
-who hasn’t posted anything regarding our chosen hobby in an exceptioally long time :(