 Organizations / Canada / NovaLUG / 17
16  |  18
Subject:
Questions I need answered for Truro
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.novalug
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 12:23:39 GMT

Greetings all,

I have some important questions regarding the layout for the truro show.  If you
don't respond, I won't be responsible for the results.

Will all your trains fit under something that is 13 bricks and one plate above
track level? (that is, if your straight track is snapped into a baseplate, and
you build two towers 13 1/3 bricks high on either side, and put a brick across
between them, do any of your trains hit it?)  This is important, as this will
set the monorail height.  Only two LEGO produced trains won't clear this, the
croc and the crane in 4552.  The monorail will be 13 bricks and 2 plates above
baseplate level.

Approximately how many pieces of straight track do you have (if under 50)?

How many pairs of switches/points do you have?

How many LGBs (grey 48 x 48 baseplates) do you have spare (not being used in
your creations)?

How many green 32 x 32 baseplates do you have spare?

How many grey 32 x 32 baseplates do you have spare?

How many 16 x 32 baseplates in green and grey do you have spare?

Do you have any straight road plates in green (need one or two more)?

I'd like the table top to be completely covered in studs.  I think we can do it.
I figured grey for the areas around the rail yard and docks, green elsewhere.

To hopefully speed in setup, I thought we'd attach track to the baseplates at
home, and just join the plates up when we get there (note, the track is raised
one plate above the baseplate).  We might have to lift bits of it up for
electical wires, but it should be faster.

In six weeks, we'll be answering questions now!

Gail