 Organizations / Canada / NovaLUG / 11
10  |  12
Subject:
marking track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.novalug
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:20:45 GMT

Greetings,

As we have our next show lined up it's about time I got off my backside about
marking the track.  The holes on the bottom of straight and curved track look
sort of like:

|       |
| O O O |
|       |
| O x O |
|       |
| O O O |
|       |

where 'O' is a circle that can be coloured in, 'x' is a screw hole through the
lego, and '|' is the rail.

Marking is done by colouring in some of the circles with a permanent marker, in
a particular pattern.  I'm suggesting to do ('*' is for coloured in)

  Gail            JM          Lawrence
|       |      |       |      |       |
| O * O |      | O O O |      | * O * |
|       |      |       |      |       |
| O x O |      | * x * |      | O x O |
|       |      |       |      |       |
| O * O |      | O O O |      | * O * |
|       |      |       |      |       |

other patterns:

|       |      |       |      |       |
| * O O |      | O O * |      | * O O |
|       |      |       |      |       |
| O x O |      | O x O |      | * x * |
|       |      |       |      |       |
| O O * |      | * O O |      | O O * |
|       |      |       |      |       |

|       |      |       |      |       |
| O x O |      | O O O |      | O O O |

If the pattern you choose is not rotationally symmetric (looks the same if you
spin the track 180 degrees) it is important that no one else chooses the rotated
pattern.

Gail