 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 8
FW: Fees!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 23:06:51 GMT

Re: Fall Woodworking and Hobby Show in Edmonton
(Forwarded here instead of mailing list).

On Friday, May 19, 2000 3:27 AM, Kevin Maynes wrote:
Heya

NASCAR (Edmonton) and CARCAR (Calgary) have never paid to use what was
essentially
the largest non-commercial space at these shows. Erm.. with the exception • of
the
rental of pit tables at $10 each, but to be fair that's a lot of tables. • It's
the
commercial exhibitors and the door receipts that fund these shows, and for • the
most
part it's the non-commercial ones that draw the crowds; I know NASCAR does
anyway -
they made significant effort to include grandstands for us based on • previous
performances. Good racin' draws good crowds baby! ...<ahem>...

Aaaanyway, to shorten; if they charged us, we (hobbyists) wouldn't show • up. If
that
happened there wouldn't be much of a show, so no commercial guys would • bother,
so
neither would the paying public (and thus) nor the production company. So, • we
need
them for a space to fill, they need us to fill a space. Nice little circle
goin' on
there. <grin>

Of course, this may well be new for this year. But I can certainly • guarantee
that
our RC club has never paid for the space itself, nor will we do so in the
future.
Simply can't afford it.

J;
I've been having problems sending to the alias lately which Chris and I
haven't
quite ironed out just yet; would you mind forwarding for me just so it • gets
out
there? Thx

Cheers
Kevin.

John Koob wrote:

<snippetydoodah>

Up pops a form with the following bad news:

<snip>

Size: 10 x 5          $295.00 (Crafters & Hobbyists Only)
Size: 10 x 10         $495.00
Other Sizes             $4.95 per sq. ft.

It may have changed, though.  Kevin?  You're more familiar with the • show
than I • am - how does it work with the RC guys?

James

Oops, forgot to CC to group...

--
John