 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 7
6  |  8
Subject:
Creating a video...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 18:57:01 GMT

   NALUG has been invited to have a booth this fall at the Edmonton
Woodworking & Hobby Show.  One of the things I would like to put together is a
short (5 or 10 minutes) infomercial showcasing some of the amazing LEGO
community on the web.

What I would like to include:

Screenshots & descriptive voice-over of major websites (Lugnet, Brickshelf,
etc)
Still images and/or video capture of "attention-grabbing" creations like Ed
Boxer's castle, GMLTC's layout, and the NELUG window displays.
Overview of various LUGs LTC's and what-have-you's around the globe

All the sites/pictures/whatevers mentioned would be credited, of course.  Not
necessarily credited as the picture shows up (although that would be ideal),
but certainly at the end of it.

I would like some advice on what to include, and how.  I would also need to
get permission from the various parties I plan to include works of, but I'll
do that on an individual basis.

I don't particularly need help with the technical aspects of constructing this
(I "know this guy, see" who will do the digital compile and transfer to video
for me), but could use advice on some of the more esoteric aspects of
designing a showcase video like this.

When I do have it assembled, it will be available free in digital format
(online), and for cost of reproduction/mailing in VHS format.

Any and all advice appreciated,

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/
I'm getting paid for this --> alladvantage.com
Sign up via me, the reference $$ go to fund Lugnet.