 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 450
449  |  451
Subject:
Grain elevator ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 06:15:38 GMT

John,
If I use the GETS money to buy one of the packs of conveyor belts from
myself, and then use superglue to permanently stick the mailboxes (or
safes, lets not go there again!) to the threads, do you think that would
fix the problem?

Michel,

Yes, glue would prevent the mailboxes from comming off.

However, our "grain" is just too course to prevent
the occasional jam.  1x1 rounds have edges.  No good.
Perfect spheres would be much better, such as soccer balls.
But I think soccer balls are hard to obtain in quantity,
right? [1] They are also not yellow.  Do soccer balls exist as
another type of ball or sphere without the pattern?

I have another idea.  Has anyone bought the 7106 Droid
Escape set?  Do the round cylinder parts come as a
hemi-cylinder or a quarter cylinder.  Is the inside wall
smooth with no ribs?  If so, this could be the answer
to all jamming problems.  Please let me know, so I could
pick up a few 7106's.

If this does not work out, a free-running conveyor
is still fine IMO.  I'll have more time in summer
to think of more ideas...

John

BTW, I started a new thread.  The original thread was
getting way too long!

[1]  The smallest set containing a ball would be the 3413,
which has other useful parts, like a 2x16 white plate,
white support pieces, and some Technic parts.