 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 419
Re: Show prep on Jan 13 (was Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 05:39:09 GMT

I forgot to mention that we could have almost used 14 for GETS 2000,
remember we butted one end up against the other train display, so we didn't
need a barrier on that side.

I had drilled two holes in the pipes, one 6 inches below the other, I
miscalculated how much rope I needed so barely had enough to go around once,
let alone twice!  One of the other LTCs had suggested the two holes for
precisely the reason that the smaller fans tend to slip under otherwise!

Michel

12 posts seemed just enough for the last layout.  For future layouts, I'd say
we'd need somewhere between 16-24.

Yes, it was a bit short, but if you have one rope and make it taller, then
small folks will sneak underneath.  Suggestion:  Run a second rope
through the middle of the poles in addition to the rope through the tops?