 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 416
Re: Show prep on Jan 13 (was Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 03:18:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Steve Chapple writes:
Things are falling into place nicely for the kid's play area
at SuperTrain2001...

I can make a detailed shopping list for James or go with him.

Beyond the three play ovals, I see two main items for Jan 13th.  One
is the barricade buckets, the other is the mountain.  There's three
ways I see incorporating the mountain.  One is to use the "existing"
design with two train and one monorail tunnel in a "back" corner,
which would work quite nicely IMO.  The other two ways would move
the mountain up to the front - one to the corner, the other to the
main run along the front.  However, moving up front means that the
tunnel needs three train tunnels.  The "existing" design could be
upgraded like this  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=25323
and still have corners, (that can't be seen through) but a mountain
along the front run would have to have three long straight tunnels,
or two straight tunnels and one track going over it or through a
"mountain pass", depending how close to the my bridge it's placed.
There's other possibilities too I'm sure, but the main point/question
is do you "mountaineers" want to make one "permanent" mountain that
we can use in multiple shows, or do you want to redo/customize the
mountain for each layout/show?

SRC
StRuCtures