 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 401
Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 20:07:04 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Michel Magnan writes:
About the tables, James, please don't make a trip to St Paul just to get them.
I WILL get them to Edmonton.  My grandfather just died,

I believe I speak for the lot of us when offering condolences.

we will be going to
Edmonton tomorrow, I'll throw a few of the tables in the van. When my parents
come to St Paul this weekend, I'll send a few more back with them.   For now,
I'll store them at my fathers place in Mill Woods, when they are all there,
then James could come and get them.  No use driving anymore than you have to,
with the current price of gasoline!

Right now that depends where you go.. North of downtown it's running about
61.9/litre (and I'm certain I saw one higher but can't remember by how much),
but not far from my home it's at 58.9/litre - not bad considering where it was
a month ago. But I digress...

<some snipping>

Sure, I could go in for a couple of these red buckets.  Are they broad enough
at the bottom, to prevent tipping over?
Does anyone have even a few of the old blue buckets left?  Maybe send a count
to the NALUG mailing list.

Michel

<some more snipping>

James and I did some dashing about on Boxing Day, but to no avail. TRU made a
weak attempt with some small signs claiming sales that either didn't register
on their automated price checkers or were for stuff that wasn't there. Sears,
The Bay, Zellers, and WalMart all came up with a big goose egg, sale wise.
Nothin'. Zip, Zilch, Nada. :(
I wonder how much of a trickle-down effect this year's big loss for TLC is
having.. or if it's even related. But there I go digressing again.
Anyway, Zellers did have a few of those shorty red buckets, but they were at
full retail, which didn't convince us to buy any.

As for a count on Blue Buckets, I've got one (woohoo). All it's doing right now
is containing lego, so it might as well be put to a heavier task as a
fencepost. Another option might be those sparkly black Star Wars buckets, but
at $30 a crack that might be a bit pricey. But it's sparkly. Mmmm, Sparkly.

KMaynes