 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 304
Re: Latest Larger Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 16:45:31 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Michel Magnan writes:
It is looking promising, not sure about the practicality of
such a large mountain!

That's what I was wondering.  I notice James and Chris were silent
about being able to make a 60" x 60" mountain with four tunnels,
one of them with a spiral chamber, and all of them curved.  8-)
With enough time and bricks it would be "doable", but I realize
it's quite the challenge.

The other major problem, is that as currently drawn, it takes one
more small 30.5x30.5 table than I currently have!  I only have the
equivalent of 18 squares, from 6 large and 6 small tables.
I am glad that I am not the only one who can't count to 18!

Equivalent of 18 squares?  <does quick count/check>  Are you saying then
that the large tables are doubled in area and not doubled in dimensions?
ie. Small 30x30 and large 30x60, rather than small 30x30 and large 60x60?
<surfs over to PNLTC>  Doh!  They ARE only half as large as I thought.
<recounts layouts>   OK, then that would make JamesV2 6 large and 6 small,
JamesV3 [ http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=18298 ] 7 large
and 7 small, and Oct25 6 large and 7 small.  Nuts - I was so looking forward
to a 185 sq ft layout.  Oh well, back to the track drawing board.  Are we
designing for six of each or seven of each?

SRC