 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 275
Re: Handling "Kid play areas" on layouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 19:25:12 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, James Trobaugh writes:
It seems that the K8s are figured by weight. I have two and both are exactly
43lbs according to the UPS labels. As for what's in them its a very random
assortment of parts.

jt
I'm sure what you're getting in them is 'overrun' pieces, or pieces that
failed quality control.  Basically - the stuff they can't sell!

When the GMLTC displayed at The Great Create two years ago, we helped with the
setup.  They had received two huge (4'x4'x4'!) boxes of misc pieces - some of
them were mis-moulded, a few even had streaks of different colors in the
moulding.  Very obvious that the pieces were rejects from the moulding lines.
It was fun to pick through the pieces just to see what we could find!

I hope there is another Great Create sometime soon - it's a great event for a
very good cause...

JohnG, GMLTC