 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 103
Re: St. Paul Sunday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 21:30:39 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Steve Chapple writes:
So...    It's been almost a whole day, and you guys haven't
told me how the road-trip went.  Who all was able to make it?
What didja accomplish?  Flat tires?  Train crashes?  What?  :-)

Heh... Well, we assembled the tables, laid all the track, and put the
structures in place.  Then we ran some trains, and took it all down.

(what, you want more?) <duck>

We used the plan we'd picked ahead of time, and it went together well enough,
after a few initial "oh, a STRAIGHT goes there" moments.  We put down the
structures, which took a bit, since we'd only vaguely planned them before.
Between Michel and John, there was enough road plate to make a "U" at the end
of the table going from the container yard, through town, and around to the
Octan tank farm.  (Which reminds me - I want to add some little buildings to
that...)

Chris brought out a cool narrow gauge train he made with stuff from the
Western sets, and did a little logging camp on top of the mountain.

Kevin showed up as well, surprising all of us, with a first-hand report of the
Seattle show, and got drafted into setting up some 12 volt crossings and
such.  (Man, LEGO 12 Volt is COOL!)

Then, after getting things about how we planned it, we promptly started
tearing up track and moving things around. :)

We left the track on the tables, and Michel was going to put the new layout
into the track planner before taking it down.

We made sure towards the end that there was enough flexibility to the layout
for you to squeeze some monorail in there.

Oh, and last (but certainly not least!) the automated grain elevator is
AWESOME!  Especially since John put it together in about 2 weeks!  A little
quirky, but very elegant.

James