 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / *694 (-20)
  Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002

(...) Depends on what you consider the front of the elevators; is it the track side or the road side? The track side of the two elevators is what is open and facing the crowds. After some initial grumbles from them, they ran reliably and to great (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002

(...) It is a control system. :) There is a flex-tube map of the entire layout, with red clips to show breaks in power zones (electrical isolation) and yellow clips to show switches. Each of the yellow switches is numbered, and there is a row of (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002

That was the control for the automated switches. I'm not sure how exactly it technically worked, but I did get to play with it. It was the work of Kevin Maynes, he will be able to explain how he made it. I will try and track him down so he can (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002

That is the front of the elevators, and is the side that faces the crowd. There are doors that can close, but we leave them open so the crowd can see the grain elevators working. Adam In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek writes: [[snipped]] (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002

Steve, What is this area? (URL) like a control system, could you explain it some? Thanks, jt (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002

(...) I meant links to the folder, and or the filename pattern, but it's been moderated now. (...) Can you comment on this pic: (URL) is going on in the back of these elevators? Or is it the front? It looks like the open back of the elevator is the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002

(...) I've got the layout we used saved at work; I'll upload it to Brickshelf tomorrow and link here. I didn't get any pics myself this time around, but Raven took some, and I'll chivey her into getting me the disks. thanks, James (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002

(...) Sounds great! Can you give some deep links? Perhaps the pattern? Thanks! (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002

Highlights: About 9000 people toured the various layouts; Kevin and his lift bridge featured in our local paper (local population ~1 million); After years of taking second place at shows we finally got a first place finish. One factor which we (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug) !!

  Imperial Vengeance Class Prototype

<somewhere in Imperial held space> Greetings Moff Covenant. I bring you the requested update on the V.O.W. Project, specifically the new Vengeance Class Prototype. Place your palm here please... <pause> Thank you. What's this?? It is a new security (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SEALUG Meeting with VLC

(...) with a smaller number of people is that sometimes you can just split a particular part amongst all the players. James and I split 6 Imperial Shuttles and split things like the plates and dark grey bricks. Definitely a nice way to split up a (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.org.us.lugco)

  Re: Breaking radio silence...

In lugnet.trains, Josh Baakko writes: <snip> (...) (URL) 8-) (22 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Articulated Train Cars Now Available - eBay Premiere Auction

StRuCtures™ is pleased to announce that Articulated Train Cars are - finally - available. As is often the case with a new kit release from The Guild of Bricksmiths™, sale of kit number one (numbers one through six in this case) will be via an (...) (22 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  RE: Another future AFOL in the family

Nope, Liam is named after William Osler, my grandfather. :) thanks, James (mmm 4 hours sleep. I feel almost human) (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Another future AFOL in the family

(...) Congratulations!!!!! I just sent an e-mail congratulating a friend who got married today, and the next instant I receive your joyous news. :-) Is Liam named after Liam Neeson of Star Wars? So - one boy and one girl now - are you two planning (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.people, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Less than 24hrs to go...

(URL) know it's short notice, but since we're not going to Supertrain2002, what would everyone think of getting one of these Maxifigs (or that awesome Manta Ray sculpture) by/for NALUG? It seems like a very appropriate club purchase to me - sure to (...) (23 years ago, 28-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SEALUG Meeting with VLC

(...) What did I tell you guys!! They all loved it. I guarantee you that in a few months, every LUG will be doing some form of a draft, if they're not already. So, on behalf of all fellow and future draftees everywhere ... Thank you! Robin (dreaming (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SEALUG Meeting with VLC

(...) A simple version can be found on the Nalug web page for our recent draft: (URL) Experience should guide us, not rule us. Chris Gray cg@ami-cg.GraySage.COM (URL) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.org.us.lugco)

  Re: SEALUG Meeting with VLC

As a member of LUGCO I can say I'd like to see those instructions. Sounds fun. -Jon -- | The Galactic Shipyard - (URL) My website - (URL) BrickBay Store - (URL) Chapple" <LEGOArches@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GLMt7B.2sL@lugnet.com... (...) (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.org.us.lugco)

  Re: SEALUG Meeting with VLC

(...) Who (in NALUG) wants to make and post some LEGO Draft instructions/guidelines? Explain the beauty and simplicity of it and I'm sure it will spread like wild fire through-out LUGs all over. Maybe even a LUGNet.Draft group... :-) SRC L#765 (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact