 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / *654 (-20)
  Needed ASAP: Unopened My Train, type & color irrelevant

NALUG has offered to donate a LEGO set into the raffle at the Great Edmonton Train Show here in Edmonton on the 22nd of September, and a "My Train" set would be perfect. Unfortunately they're all backordered from LEGO; even the ones that say (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: NALUG map

(...) I will take care of it as soon as I can. Unfortunately with the changes in LUGNET administration the Map hasn't been updated from its development site for a little while. (URL) will make a post when I get this done. Eric Kingsley (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.org)

  Re: NALUG map

(...) It likely should, even if there isn't much there (haven't looked for a fair while). Hopefully some shots from the upcoming train show will appear. I vaguely recall we had some discussion about this a few months ago, and someone had volunteered (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  NALUG map

I was just noticing that on the LUGNet map of Canada (URL) VLC and rtlToronto link to their websites, but NALUG does not link to (URL) Shouldn't it? SRC LUGNet#765 (URL) (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Canada Lego Fest ideas

(...) Those who post in this thread must attend this event, no exceptions, doesn't matter who posts and where you're from, Boston, Israel, or wherever else, those are the rules. :-P ~Adam (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  eBay >Cdn$1000

I just made a large purchase on eBay - unfortunately it wasn't for LEGO... (URL) for my mother.) SRC (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Table Legs (was Re: Bridge & ideas (for GEMTS 2001))

1) We don't cover our tables with bricks (they are painted LEGO brick green), we use spring loaded clamps to hold the tables together (they're about a $1 a piece at Home Depot) 2)I always take a few pieces of cardboard with me to shim up the tables (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Table Legs (was Re: Bridge & ideas (for GEMTS 2001))

For the train clubs that use folding legs, I was wondering if you could answer the following: 1. If you don't have enough Lego bricks to cover the entire surface of the talbles, how do you hold the adjacent tables together? 2. Do you have a problem (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Table Legs (was Re: Bridge & ideas (for GEMTS 2001))

(...) lol, Oops, I guess I should have been more careful with my wording-- that's funny! -John (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Table Legs (was Re: Bridge & ideas (for GEMTS 2001))

I agree that the folding legs are the way to go if you want to save space in transporting them and setting up. I used the "conventional" bolt on legs for a year and that was all I could take. I was tired of being the last group to leave the train (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Table Legs (was Re: Bridge & ideas (for GEMTS 2001))

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, John Neal writes: <snip> (...) At first I tried to imagine a rim of LEGO 2x4s reinforcing the tables! :) Build well, Andreas Stabno (URL) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Table Legs (was Re: Bridge & ideas (for GEMTS 2001))

(...) Ahem, well, okay then:-) First off, I will say that there is no current "standard". The GMLTC used 30"x45" tables for our last layout (actually just a skosh longer on each dimension to avoid module buckling). This size is convenient because (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Table Legs (was Re: Bridge & ideas (for GEMTS 2001))

(...) I did so, and John Neal started to reply, but then figured it would be better to discuss it here so that others could contribute to - and benefit from - the discussion. OK John - you have the floor... 8-) SRC L#765 StRuCtures (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New Aircraft !

(...) I've forwarded this to .build, because it's amazing and I really think people need to see it. That is, by far, the best looking biplane I've seen on LUGnet. Kudos! best Lindsay (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.build)

  Re: New Aircraft !

(...) Wow! You have to post more, that is the best WWI era plane I have seen yet. Now we just need some more planes in between your Camel and my DH-2, (URL) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: New Aircraft !

Brown plates. That camel has plenty of brown plates. Drat...I'm starting to like that color. That 8855 is staying where it is, unless you gather up enough black beams for a trade. But don't ask how much is "enough"... Black beams are starting to (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  New Aircraft !

Well it's a "happy LEGO day" for me - I've updated my personal page (URL) to include the new Sopwith Camel. (URL) I still want your 8855 though John. ;-) I'm interested in your comments (though I don't expect ya to be as excited as me). 8-) SRC (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Bridge status and ideas (for GEMTS 2001)

As everyone knows, I don't have a garage. So, no carpentry party at my place, unfortunately. But I would be able and willing to do all of the painting. Oh, does anyone have brushes I could borrow? :-] John Michel Magnan wrote in message ... (...) (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Bridge status and ideas (for GEMTS 2001)

The count is 6 large and 6 small, including the large table with the hole for the round house, and the small table with the trench for the elevator and the sunken small table originally for a small port. Half the tables are still in Edmonton at my (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Bridge status and ideas (was Constructions for GEMTS 2001)

The low table I made last year is one of the small 30.5x30.5 inch guys, it is more like a canyon, with vertical walls on three sides and open on only one side. The walls are there to attach to the adjacent tables with the usual bolt holes. I think (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact