 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / *629 (-5)
  Re: Bridge status and ideas (was Constructions for GEMTS 2001)

James Brown wrote in message ... (...) double (...) I'd have enough to do a double track trestle, but 30" is a bit short... Something longer would look better, but would mean borrowing or acquiring some more black beams. More beams ... I like the (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Layout possibility

(...) Looks not bad to me. A bit boring, but otherwise good. A couple of short industrial spurs might be useful. Perhaps a short backwards one from the spur to the turntable could lead to a trainwash. Another possibility is to replace the lower-left (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Layout possibility

I had more free time this afternoon than I expected, so whipped up a .tdl... (URL) the .tdl and a .jpg of it are in that gallery) Blue is water on a lowered table (part of the mountain would also be over the lowered table), grey is mountain, green (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Bridge status and ideas (for GEMTS 2001)

(...) That calls for a lot of brick, probably more than I have. Verticle lift is what requires the most volume of bricks, if you want it sturdy, and I was fairly well tapped out with the Supertrain mountain at about 2 feet of lift. I've got some (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Bridge status and ideas (for GEMTS 2001)

(...) I agree there isn't enough room for elevation ramps. That's why my mountain-valley-bridge suggestion has both tracks at the level of the tables. The upper portion of the mountain peaks are above track/table level, while most of the "two (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact