 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / *474 (-5)
  Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout - Switching Yard

(...) That's the only thing I don't like about this layout - It's one HUGE loop with tons of sidings. The main "problem" is the three main tracks running the length of the main section. There could be one "loop" for each cross-over, but that would (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout

(...) Ah, yes. Good idea. Steve, can you do a quick diagram of where you're (theoretically) putting the tables? One for each basic layout that you've done would help a lot, I think. I've been getting confused too. Thanks, James (24 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout - Switching Yard

(...) A quick suggestion that will save you some time: Pre-assemble your straight track into 4 piece long segments. You should be able to find a box large enough to carry them. That way, when you're setting up at the show, you'll be able to do it (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout - Switching Yard

I like your yard, Steve. James' yard was less dense, but it did look nice and tidy. I just realized that there is only one loop of track. With a layout this size, it would make sense to have several things moving around simultaneously. Otherwise, it (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: SuperTrain 2001 layout

SRC wrote in message ... (...) You lost me. How do you come up with 750 sq ft. if the layout is moved away from a wall by a few feet? Perhaps a diagram would help ... -- John (remove the obvious to reply) (24 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact