 Organizations / Australia / 911
Re: OT: P!$#ed of at ebay.com.au
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 05:44:44 GMT

In lugnet.org.au, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.org.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
Care to tell us what the dumbest thing is ????

OK, the top dumbest thing is U.S. weights and measures (pounds, gallons,
inches, feet, miles, etc.) rather than the metric system, which fully rules.

And the third dumbest thing is U.S. paper sizes (Letter, Ledger, Statement,
etc.) rather than paper sizes based on the square root of 2 (i.e., DIN A4,
B5, etc.)

...oh, I forgot to mention...the DIN paper sizes fully rule.  :-)

I just remembered the fouth dumbest thing:  it's 12-hour clocks with a.m. and
p.m. instead of 24-hour clocks -- especially digital alarm clocks.  I wonder
if anyone has ever -not- accidentally set their alarm for 8 p.m. thinking they
were setting it for 8 a.m. because they were too exhausted at the end of the
day to remember whether the a.m./p.m. indicator light meant a.m. or p.m.   :-)

--Todd

[followups to .off-topic.geek]

Message is in Reply To:
  Re: OT: P!$#ed of at ebay.com.au

(...) OK, the top dumbest thing is U.S. weights and measures (pounds, gallons, inches, feet, miles, etc.) rather than the metric system, which fully rules. And the third dumbest thing is U.S. paper sizes (Letter, Ledger, Statement, etc.) rather than (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au)