 Organizations / Australia / 774
Re: coming VERY soon: Lego Treasure Hunt Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 01:42:01 GMT

Hey anyone there here in Queensland and close to the gold coast or • brisbane
etc maybe interested in the Lego treasure hunt show that will be held at • MYER
Pacific Fair friday the 8th of September to Sunday the 15th of October

It would be a good chance to meet the other Legophiles around the place • (I've
only met Kerry in person) and we have company for the train ride

I can offer to drive. I have a Commodore so I can take 4 adult passengers
without kneecapping them :-)

I am fully booked up this weekend and Sat 16 but I am free Sun 17. I'm in
Japan for the following 2 weekends (23/24 Sept, 30 Sept/1 Oct).

So, let me make a concrete proposal. Sunday 17 September, leaving Brisbane
about 9:30am to arrive at Pacific Fair about 10:30am (when it opens). We
view the display, visit any shops that sell Lego, have lunch. After lunch,
we could drive to other toy stores in the Gold Coast area to check out the
Lego scene (I'm open to other suggestions).

I live in Chapel Hill, and I will travel via the Brisbane CBD and then onto
the SE Freeway to the Coast. If you live more-or-less along that route, I
will offer to pick you up from home. If not, I will ask you to make your own
way to the CBD (or some other agreed place) convenient for pickup. (I recall
Melody lives in Indooroopilly and I know Tim lives in New Farm, so I can
pick you guys up from home).

Should there be more than 5 of us, we either need another driver or we all
take the train, but lets deal with that problem if it arises (I don't think
there are that many of us). If anyone wants to make their own way to Pacific
Fair, we could agree to all meet up at a specific time/place at Pacific
Fair.

Please e-mail me if you want to be part of the expedition, whether coming
with me or making your own way.

Kerry