 Organizations / Australia / 725
724  |  726
Subject:
thoughts on the Mickey sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au, lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 08:45:01 GMT

hi all

well, i heard they were coming, I saw the pics on the net, heard the
comments and then I finally saw them for myself. Yes, I bought them.

As  much as I dislike The Rodent, I felt, as a Fabuland collector, it was
very necessary to buy these sets. Why? Because there are enough Fabuland
elements to keep me happy. It does fit nicely with the old stuff and is very
much a natural progression for Fabuland style sets. My belief is that this
is where Fabuland would probably have gone in the long run anyway. If you
look at the whole range of Fabuland you'll see that there was progression
within the original style anyway and the new stuff is really no different -
yeah, sure, there are lots of new pieces and the occasional basic piece but
it still works.

also, I just like the thought of having new "clean", unscratched, unplayed
with fabuland pieces in easy to open packets..

cheers

sue ann