 Organizations / Australia / 648
Re: Available UCS Tie/ UCS XWing and SWMF
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 07:24:55 GMT

In lugnet.org.au, Paul Baulch writes:

Mark Harrison wrote in message <399CE47A.D9D02D5C@one.net.au>...

Like every other star wars set, if you wait a couple of months you'll
get them at a good discount, maybe even half price.

That'd certainly be true of the big chains that order multiples of the set.
After only a couple of months on the shelves at TRU they put the 8448
supercar at $165 or something down from $279. If you can only buy from the
smaller stores like Toyworld or Toy Kingdom, it seems that they only order
one or maybe two of such a large set, and only order more if the ones on the
shelf sell, which from the looks of it would rule out any discounts at those
stores. From experience I found that with a large set on good discount you
still have to be very quick[1] - when TRU put the big Spaceport set on
clearance they disappeared from their Melbourne stores in the space of three
or four days.

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164
http://www.geocities.com/doctorshnub/

[1] That is, unless its a set as horrible as 6977 of which there are
literally dozens still sitting in my local TRU even at 70% off!

Well, my local toyworld will soon [eg later this week :) ] be having a couple
of sets on special:
8448 $149
4980 $50

If anyone is interested, let me know :)