 Organizations / Australia / 539
Re: Pricing on Lego Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 03:46:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
[2] What I'd love to see would be for international S@H to have 1 price to
the world, including postage for each set. That way, irrespective of where
you live, you know that you're getting the same set at the same price. Then
we'd see much fairer trading, and everyone would know how much a set was
worth.

Whereas what I'd like to see would be one base price across the world, with
realistic country by country prices, and S@H making it explicit how much above
the base price is due to shipping costs to that country, and how much above
the base price is additional costs due to country specific taxes or
regulations that interfere with the ability to do things efficiently.

THAT would be fair.

One price across the board would be unfair to those countries that have
organised their affairs correctly so as to have good/efficient economies, who
would then have AFOLs subsidising the AFOLs in the other countries that didn't.

FUT off-topic.debate as the question of why things cost more in certain
countries really really is a .debate topic, not a general one.

PS: I know the answer already. :-) You just may not have come to the light yet
if you (generically) don't.

PPS: I do hope we get to hoist one at some point if you can get out to Sydney
but 1000 KM is rather a long ways. I don't think I'll be getting to Melbourne
this trip at all, unfortunately. No time.

++Lar