 Organizations / Australia / 467
Re: ebay question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 11:54:10 GMT

Great!!  This is 100% accurate and totally useless to me though!!  I don't
have a credit card, so probably wouldn't be allowed to register anyway.
(  I wonder if we'll ever see any form of registering or secure payment
method for people who don't have or want to have a credit card #?

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

Mark Harrison <harro1@one.net.au> wrote in message
Hi Ben,

I recently had a heated discussion with people from ebay in Australia. • Ebay has
this new rule since Aug 1999 that all new sellers must give credit card • details
to be registered. This, I was happy to do but they refused to accept these
details over the phone or in writing. You guessed it, they have this naive • idea
that sending the details of the internet is secure and will not accept • them any
other way, it has something to do with their automated registering system • which
is only available online.

I said I would be happy to send the details over the net provided they • accepted
full responsibility in the event that my details were copied and misused. • It
appears that they aren't quite that confident about their "secure" details
transfer system as they aren't prepared to give me this assurance.

Mark H.

"Whytcross, Benjamin" wrote:

Just curious...is there currently any listing fee on ebay if you list in • $us
from Aus? [At present there isn't in $Aus]

Thanks,

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)