 Organizations / Australia / 345
Re: Re Brisbane "Meet n' Greet" for "BUGS"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:24:34 GMT

I'd be interested in doing something but a) I have no car and b) from what I
can gather there are only 3-4 of us (plus a couple at the Gold Coast).
Perhaps a swap meet may be a good place to start. We could discuss what we
want in the way of parts and meet up somewhere with parts in hand.  That
would remove my transport difficulties and be a good way to see how many
people would be interested in club-type meetings.

BTW
Do you build mainly steam trains or modern? At the moment I'm building a
30's'ish train and tram to go with the little adventurers car. I'm thinking
of trying to build an old-style train station but can't find many pictures
on the net (and I lack windows).

My two pesos

Tim

Mark Harrison wrote:

So, do we get something on the go or what?

I'd be happy to have people over for an afternoon or evening to discuss
all things lego, maybe have a swap meet as well.

My main interests are town, train, model team, boats, planes, promos and
lego literature, some I'm sure I'd have something to interest everyone.

For those who have them, you could bring your non lego spouses and they
could all enjoy a gripe together about how much time and money we waste
on childish lego.

Mark H.