 Organizations / Australia / 311
Re: Round Australia in 3000 stores...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 01:50:00 GMT

Hi All,

This sounded like a great idea when it was first put forward but, lets
be honest, if you find the holy grail of lego shops with stock going
back 20 years in practically every theme and still forsale at the price
it came out at up to 20 years ago, are you going to tell anyone.

This happens once in a lifetime. I just finished conversing with a
fellow who found his holy grail in Saudi Arabia. He had every intention
of selling off all the wonderful sets he found but has now changed his
mind and is keeping the lot.

I found my holy grail store about 18 months ago while in the process of
ringing every store in Australia that might possibly sell toys. In the
process I found at least one store in each state that was run by the
same type of mean spirited people who never discount their stock and
therefore tend to have at least some old stock.

It'll cost you 3 or $400 in STD phone calls but provided you are
prepared to sell what you find till you brake even, it can be very
rewarding. I paid for the phone calls with the money I made on the first
three 4551 Crocodile Engines.

I now have far more lego than I need and would be happy to pass on much
of the store info I have accummulated but the problem is who should get
it and who misses out?

For instance, there is this great toy store in S.A.with great people
running it who let me layby a whole bunch of classic space and town sets
over a six months period. They also gave me a 25% discount for buying
it.

Mark H.