 Organizations / Australia / 158
Re: Possibly another GST infringement? What RRP for 6083?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 05:22:06 GMT

I bet they'd notice if the price on a set under $10 jumped to over $100
though.  Goof-ups are one thing, although I bet the larger the kit, the more
they'd notice.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

Deidre Rushton Brumby <drb@tasmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.org.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:

After verification [looking at a catalogue to see the set pictures] the
$20-something Ninja set was 6045.

Thanks for digging up those prices!  The odd thing is that the 6083
is the only Ninja set they had.  I thought maybe I'd looked at the tag
for something else altogether, but I'm normally pretty careful to match
the set numbers to the shelf tag because stuff gets moved around on the
shelves a fair bit.  Giving it further thought, maybe the stockperson
transcribed the wrong price off a price-list giving the 6083 the 6045 • price
originally, and then they noticed and corrected when they GST-ed.  Or
maybe I just remembered incorrectly :) Either way, it seems they are in
the clear over that one, thanks for the info, you've saved me from making
a twit of myself :)

On the transcribing thing, I'd often wondered if the 6474 City Digger at
Target was mispriced in the same way, as it was given the same price as • the
6477 Fire Fighter's Lift Truck, noticing the similarity in set numbers.
Good to see they've fixed it now according to Benjamin in another thread.
It is more than slightly annoying that some careless person sitting in an
office somewhere typing prices into a computer can goof up like that and
end up being responsible for massively overcharging for an item nationwide
(well, at least Vic and Tas).

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com