 Organizations / Australia / 1379
Re: Item Description ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 01:25:31 GMT

In lugnet.org.au, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.org.au, Peter White writes:
There is an auction on Australian ebay headed thus.
"LEGO DUPLO KIT NEW AND NEVER OPENED"
No pic, no hint as to what it is. They have a phone no., what are you meant
to do ? Ring them ?

It's probably just basic bricks otherwise they'd probably mention "farm
animals" (or whatever).

Or maybe e-mail. Phonings probably not an option, as the number is invalid (11
digits!!) You could try the phone book though.

Cunnigham's Buy and Sell 03 63264360, 367 Invermay Rd, Invermay (Launceston)
7248.  Sounds like a 2nd hand shop, never heard of them.

Maybe it is gift-wrapped.
They are in Lauinceston, Tassie.

Aaaah. That explains it! <Lots of in-bred jokes censored>.

pete.w (who has never been to that particular place)

Neither have I. But I've been to Launceston, Tassie.

Ack. I more or less grew up there, rural region "city" bit of a backwater,
but oddly enough has lots more shops that sell Lego than anywhere else in
the state.  Well worth visiting a couple of times a year just for that (yeah
ok Mum and Dad, I come to see you, the Lego is just secondary, really...)
although I think I've long since cleaned them out of anything interesting in
the older sets line.

ROSCO

(An ex-patriot Tasmanian whose neck scar has almost healed...)

What, you cut your other one off?  How could you! I've still got both my
heads, hmmm, maybe that's why I couldn't seem to settle in on the mainland
and came home again... :)

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com