 Organizations / Australia / 1144
    Re: Dinghies —James Powell
    (...) I'm not Richard, but it stands for Carrier Vessel Escort, those handy little carriers that were made in WW2 out of merchie's. Just the thing for the RAN or the RCN to own (but neither of us do anymore...) James (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au)

        CVEs (was Re: Dinghies) —Richard Parsons
   (...) Well put. In fact, as far as I am aware no-one has any anymore, and they do not even exist in the US mothhball fleet. They were a cheap expedient for the English to cover convoys after they had had the stupidity to fritter away what started (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au)

        Re: CVEs (was Re: Dinghies) —Peter White
   (...) Richard, what aircraft will you have on the deck (if any) ? If you need those yellow 'inflatables' earlier than the next meeting, email me your postal address and I will mail them next week. pete.w <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au> (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au)