 Organizations / Australia / 1135
  Re: Dinghies

(...) Has Port Block got a surf club ? I think I would be hunting the Great Whites in something a little more substantial than a yum-yum yellow party cracker. I can probably supply the best part of a dozen. I have been hard at work trying to find (...) (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au)

  Re: Dinghies

Peter White wrote in message ... (...) that's (...) Well, mounted on the outside of a spaceship as a sort of rounded armour/covering, with the right colours they look kind of cool. See, this is why everybody should build spaceships with their Lego, (...) (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au)

  Re: Dinghies

(...) I'm not Richard, but it stands for Carrier Vessel Escort, those handy little carriers that were made in WW2 out of merchie's. Just the thing for the RAN or the RCN to own (but neither of us do anymore...) James (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au)

  Re: Dinghies

(...) Way cool, have to think about what I have that you might find interesting - knowing a little about your collection, I doubt I have much. I'll be in touch. Richard Still baldly going... (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au)

  CVEs (was Re: Dinghies)

(...) Well put. In fact, as far as I am aware no-one has any anymore, and they do not even exist in the US mothhball fleet. They were a cheap expedient for the English to cover convoys after they had had the stupidity to fritter away what started (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au)

  Re: CVEs (was Re: Dinghies)

(...) Richard, what aircraft will you have on the deck (if any) ? If you need those yellow 'inflatables' earlier than the next meeting, email me your postal address and I will mail them next week. pete.w <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au> (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.org.au)