 Organizations / Australia / 1130
Re: 12v track for trade.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 13:00:35 GMT

In lugnet.org.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
James are you going to put prices for there?
Are you looking for a straight sale, or looking auctioning it off on e-bay or
so? I'd be interested in a few of those items.

My thoughts were for the track, someone gives me say a box of 8 straights, I
give them 8 12v straights and so on. For the others (level crossing and
signals) I really don't know what price to put on them or what price they'd
fetch at auction. Ideally I'd like a trade or sale in Australia. If I don't
make the most amount of money possible I really don't care as long as both
parties are happy. Then if that's not possible, sale or auction overseas
with maximum profit margin the aim.

Trade wise for the level crossing I'd like a similar item in 9v (or the nice
ramp pieces, some tiles for between the tracks and some boom gatey bits),
for the signals some kind of station (or architectual elements for building
my own) would probably be the aim there.

Mostly I'm testing the market as it were. I have a good idea of what I have
and what I want, now it's a matter of finding a person (people) who want
what I have and can supply what I want. As I said above, *if* it's local I'm
a more concerned about mutual happyness than money or the *best* deal.

James (who is going to build train tables in the holidays, TALC* anyone?)
*Trains of Australia LEGO Club

I've got a supplier for the wood and access to tools, It'd be quite cool if
we could get this up and running, although preferably under the STUDS [1]
banner. Perhaps as some of those 'other monthly' activities that PeteW
mentioned elsewhere. Finding a show to display at is probably a different
matter.
<wiggy fade to imagined converstaion>
"You want to display what?"
<wiggy return to topic at hand>
If enough people feel it's something that should be investigated and feel
that they can contribute (regardless of whether they actually own some
trains) then I'll be quite happy to put a bit of work in investigating
display options.

James (who wonders if STUDS use TALC?)