 Organizations / Australia / 1101
Re: Brisbane tilt train (australia)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 15:08:45 GMT

Hi Tim,

It didn't come up in conversation at our last meeting, but I work for QR.
A good friend of mine assisted in the design and construction of the Tilt
train and is currently working on the construction of the diesel electric
version for the extension of the service north of Rocky to Cairns.

I'll see what kind of pictures I can acquire from a few contacts.

Mark H.

Timothy Gould wrote:

First off I'd like to say a hi here to the people in .trains. I've been
lurking here for a while and have admired many of the brilliant MOC's.

I have a question for train enthusiasts. Does anyone know where to find
pics of the Brisbane-Rockhampton tilt-train? I believe it is the fastest
narrow gauge train in the world and is based on TGV technology.

Any help would be much appreciated as I'd kind of like to build a train
that is close to home (and not modelled by the superior modelers who
reside in .trains).

Cheers

Tim