 Organizations / 701
Re: Taking LUGNET to the next level
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:32:54 GMT

Wow.

The first thing that springs to my mind is “Nooo!! If it ain’t broke don’t fix it! LUGNET is functioning just fine!”...but with a committee like you’ve chosen I know everything will work out dandy.

And I heartily echo Ralph’s words (except the packet part, since I haven’t applied). You have done a stellar job of maintaining LUGNET and keeping things rolling.

So if I understand things right...by the end of March you want to have transformed this into a system very much similar to what LDraw.org recently set up. Then you would like to see it knit a closer relationship with a lot of the many major Brickhead sites out there, and perhaps evolve into a NPO. Correct?

I can understand all about projects eating up spare time and taking priority. It’s happened to me many times, most notably since last November when I was asked to be a moderator over at LMSF (unfortunately at this point I only have about a dozen people to moderate!). I appreciate your desire to turn this over to the community instead of hanging on to it and eventually letting it become a dead site. For something that you’ve worked on for however many years now, that either takes a lot of courage or a lot of desperation.

And while I hadn’t joined LUGNET back when you announced your book, it looks like a great project to me (and you are an excellent photographer). I humbly bestow my best wishes on this project, which in my mind is not only desperately needed but terribly inspirational as well. Can I pre-order a copy now? :)

-Mike