 Organizations / 647
  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) I'm surprised you guys haven't thrown up a splash page or something, at least. Maybe with a "mission statement" and info on getting involved. (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.org)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) I'm not. Until they have explicit permission from TLC to register a domain name containing their trademarked brand name, it would be a blatant violation of trademark rights to do so. Not a good way to start off this proposed relationship with (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.org)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) On a technical note, the domain is ALREADY registered. It has been since august: Domain Name: LEGOFAN.NET Registrar: TUCOWS INC. Whois Server: whois.opensrs.net Referral URL: (URL) Server: NS1.DOMAINDIRECT.COM Name Server: NS2.DOMAINDIRECT.COM (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.org)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) Not sure what whois info you are looking at - but here is the full report: (same info as legofan.com) Registrant: Dan Boger 243 White St Belmont, MA 02478 US Domain name: LEGOFAN.NET Administrative Contact: Boger, Dan domains@peeron.com 243 (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.org)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) I went right to network solutions (netsol.com). One would think that the people that run DNS would have the info, but apparently they don't. Or atleast they don't feel like sharing it. :) Troy (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.org)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) It wouldn't be a "blatant violation" at all. But it would go against Lego's wishes, and you're right, no sense in getting off to the wrong start. But as it is now, there's a very _blatant_ for-profit advertisment at the URL -- that seems (...) (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.org)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) LEGOFAN.ORG seems to be registered by domain.admin@lego.com ... I wonder why? It expires in April, though, so maybe Dan is purchasing it. --Bram (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.org)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) Other way around -- tucows doesn't share it with Network Solutions, to reduce spamming. (20 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.org)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) Hey, looks like someone actually reads the stuff I post. Well, that's encoraging. *big grin* (20 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.org)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) Yes. :-) (...) We are a bit slow occasionally, but you risk that we react at some point. :-) We hadn't exactly _planned_ go announce the project this early in the process, but it seemed unreasonable to keep quiet, now that the talk about (...) (20 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.org)