 Organizations / 574
573  |  575
Subject:
Help on Starting a LUG at a University
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 00:43:43 GMT

Hello -

I want to start a university LUG (eg, Wash U in St. Louis) but I do not know what to do in terms of making attention-grabbing flyers and heading up such an organization. I have had some experience in being a member of a newborn club but I’m at a loss in knowing what direction to move in. My goal is to establish a grounded organization by the end of this semester and hopefully join GTWLUG at the Roadshow in late October. There are a lot of underprivileged kids in the area who would also very much enjoy experiencing a LEGO demonstartion or show at their school or community center (which are also lacking, but that’s another architectural dilemma altogether).
SO...does anyone have any suggestions for taking on such an endeavor? Any tips would be greatly appreciated, as well as eye-catching phrase recommendations, or names besides WULUG.

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely, -Andrew P. Saada ªþ§ GardenSLUG GTWLUG adoptee