 Organizations / 249
Re: Starting a LUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:35:26 GMT

In lugnet.org, Shiri Dori writes:
Hey Jude, • <snip>
From what I saw in most groups, if it's a small group then don't bother - just
have everyone bring in their MOCs.
For example, take the DixieLUG meetings -- they mixed life-size sculptures
with trains and castle in their first meeting.
Or STUDS, who's piratical-space dudes mixed in really well with SW.

If the group gets big, you might want to break up the meetings... but for a
start, you shouldn't bother. I'd say, so long as you're under 15 members there
isn't much point in breaking them up, you'll just turn off people who aren't
into that kind of thing, and that's too bad.

Good point, I don't want people to feel excluded.

Thirdly, what is a good minimum age to have?

Somehow, I had a feeling you would answer this question. <grin>

Well, people here will attest that I'm biased. I openly admit I am.

But if I were you, I'd set the limit no higher than 14. 12, if possible.

Is 14 about the age you feel you were mature enough to handle being part of a
LUG?

Whatever you do, don't set at at 18. There's just no point in that. I can
expand on that if someone wants me to.

Just don't blow you invite to the BBQ.:-)

Finally, how do you break up responsability, so that not one individual
is "carrying" the group?

Tough one. I don't know, since I haven't actually been a member of any group.

ROFL!!! I thought you would say that.:-)

-Shiri

Merci beaucoup for your opinions, I know you are always willing to share, just
ask NELUG. <grin, duck, run>

Jude

Police Officer: "Did you know you were driving the wrong way down that one way
street? Didn't you see the arrow?"
Driver: "Hey man, I didn't even see the Indian."