 Off-Topic / Testing / Foo / 300
Re: test #7 in a long series
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.test.foo
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:20:29 GMT

Ah ha !
Someone does actually read all these.  Always wondered.......
Cheers
Oliver
Play Well!

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message
In lugnet.off-topic.test.foo, Oliver Giesen wrote:

<snip>

So up to the fifth floor they go.
The sign on that door said, "This floor is empty and exists only to • prove
that women are impossible to please.  Goodbye."

Laugh!

Dave K

==========

These apparently are quotes from real announcements  from pilots and cabin
crew:-

1) Pilot: "Folks, we have  reached cruising altitude now, so I am going to
switch the  seatbelt sign off. Feel free to move about as you wish, but
please stay inside the  plane till we land. It's a bit cold outside and if
you  walk on the wings it affects the flight pattern."

2) Airline attendant  during safety demonstration: "There may be fifty
ways to  leave your lover, but there are only four ways out of
this airplane."

3) Stewardess after a  bumpy touchdown: "We ask you to please remain seated
whilst Captain  Kangaroo bounces us to the terminal."

4) Loudspeaker  announcement after landing: "Thank you for flying Business
Express. We hope  you enjoyed giving us the business as much as weenjoyed
taking you for a  ride."

5) Attendant from same  airline: "Welcome aboard. To operate your seatbelt,
insert the metal  tab into the buckle and pull tight. If you don't know how
to operate one  then you really shouldn't be out unsupervised. In the event
of a sudden loss of  cabin pressure, oxygen masks will descend from the
ceiling. Stop  screaming, grab the mask, and pull it over your face.

If you have a small child  with you, secure your own mask before assisting
with theirs. If  you are travelling with two small children,decide
now which one you love more".

6) Pilot: "The weather at  our destination is 50 degrees with some broken
clouds, but they'll  try to have them fixed before we arrive. Thank you,
and remember....  nobody loves you or your money more than thisairline".

7) Stewardess: "Your seat  cushions can be used for flotation. In
an emergency water landing,  please take one with our compliments".

8) Pilot heard over  loudspeaker during touchdown: "Whoa, big fella, WHOA!"

9) Flight attendant after  rough landing: "Please remain in your seats with
your seatbelts  fastened while the Captain taxis what's left ofour plane to
the terminal  gate".

10) Stewardess: "As you  exit, please make sure to gather your belongings.
Anything left  behind will be evenly distributed among the attendants.
Please do not  leave children or spouses".

11) Pilot: "We are pleased  to have some of the best flight attendants in
the industry.....sadly none of them are on this flight".

12) Flight attendant: "  Ladies and Gentlemen, please remain in your seats
until Captain Crash  and his crew have brought the aircraft to a screeching
halt up against  the terminal gate. Once the tyre-smoke hascleared and the
warning bells  stop, we'll open the door and you can make your way through
the wreckage to  the terminal".

13) Steward: "We'd like to  thank you folks for flying with us today. And
the next time you get  the insane urge to go blasting through the skies in
a pressurized metal  tube, we hope you'll think of us".

14) Stewardess: "Last  passenger off the plane has to clean it".

15) Loudspeaker  announcement: " I don't know whether we landed or were
shot down".

16) Pilot "Welcome aboard  flight 163 to New  York, we shall be  flying at
oh my god!... oh  no!.......... sorry about that folks, I've just spilt my
coffee, you should see  the front of my trousers." Passenger:  "You should
see the back of mine ....!! ."