 Off-Topic / Testing / 5235
Re: testing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.test
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2006 08:41:09 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.test, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.test, David Koudys wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.test, Suzanne Rich wrote: , how did YOU see my recent post?

Are you kidding??  Janey sees *all*...

Yes, I am very powerful... (rolls eyes)

hmmm... Well some ppl have called me a witch... or was that... er nevermind.

All I can do is use this--

http://news.lugnet.com/?n=*,-100&v=c

no filters, and I get to see all the LUGNET goodness for all things LEGO :)

Wow, this is starting to look bad for Canucks...
first me, now Dave... apparently we love the Lugnet!

Heh, well, I have a button on my web browser bar that does this:
  http://news.lugnet.com/?n=*,-50&v=b
which I hit about 5 times per day. Every night I read the database and traffic
reports. And I receive the groups: .admin, .lego and .announce directly to my
main e-mail box. In addition, I occasionally type in "Suz" as a news search. So,
I guess I see pretty much everything here. Though I don't always read each
message in its entirety.

I used to use the Peeron ticker until I discovered DanB was filtering some
things (i.e. people).

Back when Todd and I were doing LUGNET and AucZILLA full time, I really did read
every single word. And in those days, we'd sometimes get 500 posts per day. 300
was common.

I miss those days. :-) It was cool to feel "on top of everything" going on. The
community wasn't fractured like it is now. The only other places to read were
r.t.l. and 1000stien.

I posted announcements more often then because I had a pretty good feel for
whether or not something was known in the community. Now I tend to err on the
side of: "Oh, folks probably heard about that already on another site..." But
sometimes I'm surprised, like recenly I knew about some not-yet-released sets
from toy-industry trade magazines I get. For instance, there were pictures in
there of the new soccer stadium. I figured it must already be common knowledge,
Yet at a following NELUG meeting it sounded like none of the AFOLs' Toy Fair
coverage had caught it. ...it's time-consuming to verify if news is "News".

but now I'm babbling and should be asleep!
-Suz