 Off-Topic / Testing / 410
Re: test
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.test
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 20:20:41 GMT

Once upon a time, (on Mon, 7 Jun 1999 16:22:38 GMT, to be precise!), Steve Bliss
uttered the following profundities....

Have you ever considered the possibility that it's not your newsreader,
it's your computer?

At the very least, I'd be thinking about investing in some hardware for
making backups.

Steve "Do what I say, not what I do" Bliss

I back-up once a fortnight. The whole C-drive to a 2nd drive,
and critical files (such as work, ini files, the registry, etc.)
to a zip disk as frequently, sometimes more. Any new,
major software installation, i.e. office suite, OS, etc. as
and when such an installation is to occur. Defragmenting and
virus scanning once a week. As to new hardware investment, I
will be purchasing a CD-R drive quite soon, (though not for
backup as the main reason).

What I am so long in not doing, and many people say is necessary
for Windows, is a "format c:/" and reinstalling everything. I
haven't done that for a long time, and perhaps certain flakey
happenings means its about time!
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/