 Off-Topic / Testing / 199
Re: Truly silly question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.test
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 19:34:42 GMT

Beth Reiten wrote:

Greetings from the hinterland of computer support (aka Germany)-

Since people actually read these test messages, I've got a silly
question for somebody who's been in touch for the last three years:
once I've downloaded the messages and read them, how do I delete the
silly things?  I'm using Netscape 4.5 and a POP3 server, but I don't see
a delete button anywhere, my delete key just sits there and looks at me,
and I can copy to the trash file, but not move to it.

What am I doing wrong?

By the way, HELLO!

Beth Reiten

Try going into "VIEW" -> "MESSAGES" -> and setting it to "UNREAD".

Hope that helps, sounds like the same problem I had early on here.
--
Paul Foster
http://reality.sgi.com/foster_stco/lego.html