 Off-Topic / Testing / 1614
Re: whoop de doo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.test, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 04:34:52 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.off-topic.test, Matthew Miller writes:
Shiri Dori <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote:
Wait, how?

"10. (do not) Post or re-post a message excessively" (from Lugnet terms of
use)

Sure, but:
   lugnet.off-topic.test (group):
      Off-topic, non-discussion area for testing and/or experimenting with
      newsreader setup/configuration, signature files, line wrapping, etc.

Step 1 is to disable his posting ability to that group ASAP -- nobody needs to
post 108 messages -- many all the same exact copy -- to test any of those
things shown above.

If it turns out later that Alan had a legitimate reason to do what he was
doing (playing around isn't, IMHO), then we can turn .off-topic.test back on
for him, but it had to be turned off as soon as it was noticed, to prevent
who knows what from happening.  For all I know, his newsreader went wacko
(doubtful, but possible).

--Todd

[followups to .admin.terms]