 Off-Topic / Pun / 969
Re: Groan of the week #15
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.pun
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:25:37 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Ross Crawford writes:
A man who lived in a block of flats thought it was raining and put his hand
out of the window to check. As he did so a glass eye fell into his hand. He
looked up to see where it came from in time to see a girl looking down.

"Is this yours?" he asked. She said, "Yes, could you bring it up?" and the
man agreed. On arrival she was profuse in her thanks and offered the man a
drink. As she was very attractive he agreed. Shortly afterwards she said,
"I'm about to have dinner. There's plenty; would you like to join me?" He
readily accepted her offer and both enjoyed a lovely meal. As the evening
was drawing to a close the girl said, "I have had a marvelous evening, would
you like to stay the night?" The man hesitated then said, "Do you act like
this with every man you meet?"

"No," she replied, "Only those who catch my eye!"

Well of course that's how it had to turn out - she was ready to get serious.
Before she lost the eye, it was all just fun and games.

James
(still have to get you a copy of Calahan's)