 Off-Topic / Pun / 1024
1023  |  1025
Subject:
Bonus Groan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.pun
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 01:29:15 GMT

Two men are flying in a light aircaft over the deserts of Saudi Arabia when
they lose control and it crashes. They both survive and start walking
through the desert trying to find civilisation.

After 3 days they're on their hands and knees near death from lack of water.
They see in the distance what appears to be a group of tents. Dismissing
them initially as a mirage, they realise as they draw closer that there are
in fact 3 tents in the middle of the desert. They eventually reach the tents
and crawl to the first one.

"Sir... please... some water. We've been lost in the desert for days."

The Arab in the tent says "Oh I'm very sorry. We only sell cake, jelly and
custard."

The two men decide that cake, jelly and custard won't do so they drag
themselves over to the second tent. "We beseech you - some water for us
weary dying men!"

"Oh I'm sorry my friends," says the man at the tent "We only sell cake,
jelly and custard."

The two men are not only near death but they're getting a bit agitated. They
move on to the third tent. Again, the man at the tent tells them that all he
sells is cake, jelly and custard.

The men give up and decide that they'll set off back into the desert to find
either civilisation, water or death. A short ways from the encampment, one
man turns to the other and says:

"Three tents, and all they sold was cake, jelly and custard! How weird is that!"

The other man replied "It wasn't weird - just a trifle bazaar."