 Off-Topic / Pun / 1022
Re: Groan of the week #29
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.pun
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:33:35 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Nicole Drumm writes:
A couple was celebrating their golden wedding anniversary.
Their domestic tranquility had long been the talk of the town.
"What a peaceful and loving couple."
A local newspaper reporter was inquiring as to the secret of their long and
happy marriage.

"Well, it dates back to our honeymoon," explained the man.
"We visited the Grand Canyon and took a trip down to the bottom of the canyon
by
pack of mule.
We hadn't gone too far when my wife's mule stumbled.
My wife quietly said, 'That's once.'
We proceeded a little further and the mule stumbled again.
Once more my wife quietly said, 'That's twice.'
We hadn't gone a half-mile when the mule stumbled the third time.
My wife quietly removed a revolver from her purse and shot the mule dead.

I started an angry protest over her treatment of the mule, when she looked at
me, and quietly said, 'That's once.'

And we lived happily ever after."

Perhaps I am tired, but how is this a pun?

Jude