 Off-Topic / Geek / 975
Re: Transit Time to Mars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 18:25:46 GMT

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999 01:59:11 GMT, James Powell uttered the following
profundities...
(oh, I would argue with Larry about the easiest way -right now- to get a 1G
acceleration out of earth's atmosphere/fallout range...use a Nuclear rocket, a
la the USAF experiments...Not good in Atomosphere, but not a whit of difference
in space.)

Weren't these banned under one of the START treaties? I seem
to recall some treaty of some description banning most types
of Nuclear rockets. It could, however, have been motors that
utilised nuclear explosions as a means of propulsion........
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888