 Off-Topic / Geek / 842
Re: Science Fiction (was Re: Transit Time to Mars)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:21:03 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Jeff Thompson writes:
I do think it's canonical farce, up there with Harvard Lampoon's
"Bored of the Rings" and Gaimen/Pratchett's "Good Omens."

I can't manage to slog my way through most of the Lampoon stuff.  I got about
three pages farther into "Bored" than I did into "Doon"

Good Omens, on the other hand, is one of my all-time favorite books.

"A demon who did not so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards"

:)

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/