 Off-Topic / Geek / 823
Re: laser Safety and cats
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 23:00:26 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Tony Pugatschew writes:
The laser safety standards are well known and available from government
authorities. Most modern hospitals use lasers and the laser safety officers
are responsible for laser safety.
Speaking of which, here's the dumbest patent I've ever seen:
   http://www.patents.ibm.com/details?&pn=US05443036__

<SARCASM>
Hmmm.  I've been using this patented technique with my dog for a while now.
It's gotten so popular, I am getting requests to exercise my sister-in-law's
dog similarly.  I was considering starting a business based upon this
practice, but I now know how foolish that would be.
</SARCASM>

But how the blazes can someone patent how you wave a laser pen around for your
pet?!?

Cheers,
- jsproat

"Hello.  My name is Jeremy, and I'm a...a brick chewer."
  (in unison) "Hi, Jeremy."